Tuesday, September 20, 2011

~I love Fall~

Who doesn't? Fall is my favorite time of year! I am excited for tights, cardigans, hot drinks, the flavors of ginger, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and crockpot meals!  The only thing missing is friends to have late night fires with...oh how i miss that!


Today I came back from a walk with Elias by the river and made pumpkin pancakes. I also made a pumpkin spice latte using this recipe. Though I can no longer call myself a vegan, I do prefer vegan recipes where I can find them.  It's no starbucks, but it hit the spot. 

Liberty Lake is beautiful and I am so glad we are here, for however long. Besides the amazing summer weather and the mountain views from our doorstep, there are so many wonderful finds out in nature. Phil is big into foraging. The other day he brought home a bunch of wild elderberry.


It grows like crazy around here. I found this site and am going to make some elderberry syrup tonight. Elderberry is great for immune health and a life saver in winter to ward off colds and flus.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! The elderberry looks yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete