I feel like I have talked about this meal before, but couldn't find it on my blog. It really is AMAZING!
If you are a fan of Thai food, this is a thai inspired dish that we eat about once a week in the summer.
A lot can be done ahead of time to make this an easy, throw together meal.
- 2 c dried rice (we use a rice cooker, sushi or plain white rice)
- chopped veg on hand (lettuce, tomato, avocado, carrot, white, red or green onion, cucumber)
- fresh herbs, chopped (mint, cilantro and/or thai basil)
- 1-2 T fried garlic (this makes the dish and keeps to use on other foods) -just pour 1/4 c canola, 1 head garlic, minced over medium heat then down to low once heated up - cook til garlic is browned and crunchy. about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally
5. sauce: 3 T peanuts, 3 T lime juice, 2 T rice wine vinegar, 1' piece fresh ginger, 2 T soy sauce, 1 T agave (or sugar), 1 T fresh mint, and 2 T water - blend in mini chopper or blender (I double this)
6. toasted sesame seeds
Then once the rice is done, you add veg and the rest of the ingredients!! It is so good. If you are short on time or ingredients, it can be modified and still taste great!